Tea is great in anything. But with this intense, summer heatwave, what better way to cool off than with some simple, tea infused mocktail recipes? Taking advantage of a refreshing drink without alcohol makes it great for a much needed drink during a hot summer day! Follow our step-by-step recipe to create a Long Island Iced Tea or Jasmine Green Tea Mojito Mocktail. Create an unforgettable taste without alcohol, while still maintaining the cooling and refreshing experience of a perfectly iced cocktail by adding a few ingredients! It’s healthier and just as delicious as a classic long island iced tea or a regular mojito without the regret!
Virgin Long Island Iced Tea:
You will need:
6 cups of Water
4 sachets of Us Two Tea’s Manhattan Black: Black Tea
1 ½ cups of Ginger Ale
⅔ cup of Lemon-Lime Soda
Mint Sprig (optional)
- Bring the 6 cups of water to a boil, then place the teabags in the water. Let it steep for at least 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags, then remove the tea from heat.
- Let the tea cool, then refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours to chill.
- Juice ½ of an orange, making sure that there is little to no pulp in the orange juice. Place in a different container.
- Juice ½ of a lemon, or use 1 ½ - 2 tsp of store bought, bottled lemon juice.
- Remove the black tea from the fridge, and slightly stir in the orange juice, lemon juice and lemon-lime soda.
- Pour mixture into the pitcher or container, making sure it doesn’t spill
- Slowly add the ginger-ale, and continue to lightly stir with a long spoon, or other long utensil.
- Add a splash of cola, depending on your taste.
- Top off with some ice and a mint sprig OR lemon wedge.
Virgin Green Tea Mojito
You will need:
4 cups of Water
4 sachets of Us Two Tea’s Pillowtalk: Jasmine Green Tea
A bunch of mint
¼ - ½ cup of honey (depending on taste)
4 cups Lemon-lime soda (or a club soda of your choice)
- Bring the water to a boil, then steep the jasmine green tea bags in the water for at least 10 minutes. Remove the teabags, then the tea from heat.
- Let the tea cool completely, and chill in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours.
- Rinse the mint leaves at least 3 times, then drain all the water and set aside.
- Juice 4 limes, then set aside. Thinly slice at least half of the other lime.
- Place the mint leaves in a pitcher or container with the desired amount of honey, and the slices of lime, then muddle (crush) them until the leaves become bruised.
- Add the lime juice, and continue to crush until it turns into a similar consistency to syrup.
- Add the chilled jasmine green tea, while stirring lightly.
- Then add lemon-lime soda (or club soda), making sure to slightly stir while pouring.
- Top off with ice and a mint sprig OR lime wedge.
Having such refreshing and cooling drinks will definitely help you feel a little cooler on a hot summer day. With the added benefits of tea, this take on the classic long island iced tea or cooling mojito is sure to be as good (if not better) than with alcohol so why not give it a try today.